The following are definitions of words commonly used within this
- A city, county, special district, or regional government.
Youth and/or Young People
- Volunteering. Unpaid community service activities that engage
young people in their community.
- Voting. Learning about and participating in elections and
other decision-making processes.
- Leading. Youth spearheading civic and community affairs.
Marketing, Communications and Engagement
- Marketing. Leveraging communication channels like media to
share information with and connect to young people
- Engagement. Robust strategies that enable a local agency to
build a relationship and trust with young people.
- Civic life includes participating in community events, public
meetings, and decision-making.
- Registering to vote or voting in elections
- Leading community activities and fostering peer engagement
- Programs or initiatives that inform current or potential
employees about various jobs through coaching, informational
interviews, job shadowing, internships, apprenticeships, or
transitional placement into positions.